Read on to get an overview of my reading preferences and what I am willing to review. I review books and Asian drama series on The Bookish Context.
My Approach to Reviews
- Reviews will reflect my honest opinion and any criticism added will be constructive. They will be posted on the blog, Goodreads and shared on my social media.
- I use The CAWPILE system designed by Book Roast because not only is it effective in analysing a book comprehensively but also gives structure to my thoughts. It can be adapted to be used for any fictional media.
CAWPILE Rating System
We analyze the book based on the following categories:
- Writing Style
Each category is then given a score based on the following scale:
0-3 Really Bad
7-9 Really Good
Lastly, we find the average and then assign the stars corresponding to the score thus obtained.
Genres I Enjoy
- Historical Fiction (especially, Historical Romance and Historical Mystery)
- Crime and Mystery (especially, Cozy Mystery)
- Suspense and Thrillers
- Mythology and Fairytale Retellings
Genres I Do Not Like To Read
In addition, I usually make a choice based on the premise or storyline. Consequently, if it falls under a genre I have not included above, you may send me the details. I will consider it if it intrigues me.
How To Submit Review Request ?
The following information must be included through my Contact form or you can email me directly at: contact[at]thebookishcontext[dot]com
- Book Title and Cover
- Release Date
- Trigger/Content Warnings (if applicable)
- Anything you would like to specially discuss/mention
- Blog Tours
- Author Interviews
- Character Interviews
- Cover Reveals
- I will reply to all requests whether I accept or decline. But it may take some time.
- I am a mood reader and do not usually stick to deadlines. Therefore, kindly specify if you want my review to be posted on a certain date or within a specific timeframe.
- I do not guarantee a review on the blog for all the requests I accept (especially for books I did not finish).
- However, I will communicate feedback (explaining the reason) privately, the review will be posted on Goodreads.