Hello everyone! Welcome to The Bookish Context blog.
Meet the blogger
I am Janhabi, a 23-year old bookworm on the arduous but fascinating journey to becoming a clinical psychologist. Coursework occupies the majority of my schedule. Time dedicated to my hobbies has become an essential part of maintaining my mental health and well being. Reading has always been an integral part of my life. However, in the past year, I have rediscovered its joys anew by immersing myself more fully in the process. Instead of just being a passive reader, through journalling I found my creative outlet.
The Bookish Context: Reasons for the blog’s inception
While perusing my journal I realized I wanted a digital avenue to document my thoughts. A platform to experiment and come up with a writing style that suits me best. Also, I wanted to try engaging more with the readers’ community. Getting to know people with both similar and differing interests. Raving about all my best-loved books are my motivating factors.
- Mainly read fiction and some of my favourite genres are mystery, fantasy, historical romance, LGBTQA+
- Do not restrict me in terms of age levels. I devour a YA novel as zealously as an adult fiction or middle-grade work.
- I am all for exploring different genres and discovering new favourites with compelling stories and intriguing characters.
- Prefer ebooks and audiobooks primarily because I am a mood reader. And, I need a small selection of tomes at hand at all times to choose from. Life in university dorms does not allow for a large physical collection.
- Binge-watching anime and Asian dramas, and going on long walks to clear my head of chaotic thoughts.
- Also, obsessed with planners and finding a system of organization tailored to fit one’s unique needs while being aesthetically pleasing. Some of my greatest ambitions in life include designing my planner and expanding my library.
Plans for The Bookish Context
As life goes on it becomes tiring to keep up the character you invented for yourself, and so you relapse into individuality and become more like yourself everyday.Agatha Christie
I intend to make The Bookish Context a space that can provide the above. While also becoming the base for all my book and drama-related musings and activities. So you can look forward to getting various ideas on how to partake in making the most out of your reading. You can find me on Twitter or Pinterest.
I will be posting bi-weekly. However, this is subject to change as I am a busy university student.
This library aims to bring you many happy returns and fortuitous additions to your TBR pile.